Adventures with Two

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again...

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I posted anything on here. These past 12 months resemble a roller coaster or two that I have been on at Cedar Point...up a very tall hill, very slowly, swoop down the hill at top speed (screaming all the way), loop after loop that turned my life upside down faster than I could blink, and many twists and turns before the ride came to a stop.

Anyways...it's time to get this blog up and running again. There are so too many people our lives that would like to hear from us more often, but it's not easy trying to keep up with everyone while chasing two kids around the house.

For the moment, the kids and I are in a good groove. Liz has finally figured out that whole eating thing, but still enjoys her bottles a few times a day. Nick is eating more and more everyday and is great when it comes to finger foods. He isn't big on drinking fluids, but I do my best to get as much in him as I can, as often as I can.

Last two days we haven't gone anywhere. Nick loves playing with his massive toy collection and Liz loves rolling around on the floor, playing with a toy or two here and there that she happens to come across. I love spending my days playing with the kids and enjoying cuddles here and there. Their smiles, giggles, and constant babble make up for things like really stinky diapers and baby puke. Since everyone took a nap at the same time today, I was able to join in to make it family nap time. When I heard Nick in his crib chattering to himself, I silently prayed he would go back to sleep. And even though I ended up needing to get up, it was a very refreshing few hours that made the even much more pleasant and productive for me.

I managed to get a few phone calls made today, get my list ready for shopping tomorrow, and put the finishing touches on a dinner that was partially prepared already. Nice to sit down and enjoy dinner with Scott tonight.

I would like to ask for a few prayers for tomorrow...I have a doctor's appointment and need to find a way to get through to a doctor just how miserable I am right now. I have developed a very common post-partum condition that is causing my thyroid to be over active at times and under active at other times. It's really affecting my hormones, which is wreaking havoc on just about every angle of my life. I can't seem to get through to anyone just how miserable I am right now and no one seems to want to offer me any other options. I love my kids and I love being home with them. There are times where I don't feel like I'm giving 100% because of this thyroid condition and am feeling guilty and frustrated about it. I know there are some out there and I'm hoping that the doctor that has come through for me multiple times before will be able to do it again.

And also on my agenda for tomorrow...a gym membership...time for me to start carving out a little bit of time a few days a week to taking care of me! I've driven by the gym a million times and find a reason why I shouldn't stop each and every day. Tomorrow is it...no more excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment