Adventures with Two

Monday, August 8, 2011

Feeling very blessed

Last week the doctor that always seems to come through for me, did so once again. He is going to be working closely with me over the next couple months to find a way to end the insomnia and the constant sweating that has been making my life so miserable the last few months. I think the new medication he gave me is definitely on the right track. May still need to tweak it, but it's good to see improvements.

As for my thyroid...according to the doctor's report...my thyroid looks like she expected it to on the ultrasound...like someone who has a thyroid that is slowly losing function. When I asked things like...was it enlarged or was there any kind of growth on it, the nurse just repeated her original statement. Wow...so glad she called with such useless information.

On Sat. Nick had yet another "first"...he got his first haircut. By the very small amount of hair I was able to collect, it was more like a trim. He sat in the chair all by himself. Scott was able to distract him with a toy and used the toy to get him to tilt his head as needed. As usual, Nick did a great job and was his super cute, easy going self.








Yesterday was my birthday...and it was everything that I had hoped it would be and more. I didn't go anywhere special and for that matter, didn't do anything that made it super special. For years I had dreamed of the day that I would celebrate my birthday with my husband and kids. And for more than six years, I wasn't able to fulfill the second part of that dream. Yesterday, my dream was finally a reality...I shared my special day with my husband and two little miracles.








No comments:

Post a Comment