Adventures with Two

Monday, August 22, 2011

Where does my day go?

I never feel like I get anything done during the day. But yet, I rarely sit down and at the end of most days, I look around the house and can't even tell I had attempted to clean off the table, the kitchen island, or the computer desk. I have to keep reminded myself that being home full time isn't my priority...being mom is.

Maybe I get hung up on the issue of not being able to see a finished project or product at the end of the day? If the counters, computer desk, table, and island are clear, I can see progress. When I'm able to complete a load of laundry, I can see an empty laundry basket. Will that laundry be somehow filled back up by tomorrow, yes, but for at least a moment it's empty.

In my daily routine as mom, the only things that I have to show for my day are a small garbage can full of diapers, more dirty laundry, a few more empty jars of baby food, another bottle of formula has been finished off by Liz, a few more sippy cups and bottles are in the dishwasher, and the aftermath of hurricane Nick is left in the family room. In other words, I don't see any progress from this job.

None the less, I do love my "job." All the smiles, giggles, laughs, and silly things my kids do make up for all the other stuff.

I did have a fabulous weekend at the Women of Faith Conference in Indianapolis this past weekend. Made some new friends and am definitely going back next year. Also was able to attend a fireworks show put on by my brother-in-law and got to spend a few hours with my sister-in-law, brother-in-law and their two boys. If I get a chance, I'll post pictures later. I'm going somewhere that I haven't been in a while...the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment